Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Separate Categories
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:07 pm 

I want to add some separate categories that don't affect the current financial statement.

For instance, now that I have checkbook, I want to go back and in certain purchases for tax purposes, but I dont want it to affect the current totals--I just want the information there.

In adddition, because I do freelance work, I want a category for potential future business--but I dont want it to affect the current totals.

Any way I can do this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

You can add Types, what CheckBook calls its categories, at any time, but I don't think that's the answer you need.

The first part of your post seems to ask the question: Can I add tax-deductible Entries, dated in the past, to an Account without affecting the Account's balance? But, how could a user add Entries to any Account, in CheckBook or the Real World, without affecting balance?

The second part of your post seems to indicate a different question, which we can address now: Can CheckBook exclude Entries that are dated in the future from its balance calculations? Yes. It's possible to add Entries dated in the future and, using the Interactive Balance, restrict the visible balance to reflect only Entries from today and before. There's a label field with a small triangle to the left of the balance field. Click that label and you should see several options, including Today's Balance. Select that and the balance field should show you the balance through today, without taking into account your Entries that are dated after today.

Let us know how we've misunderstood the first part of the post and we'll get you an answer.

https://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:27 am 

Looking at my first question now, I've forgotten what I had in mind lol

Oh well, thanx for the answer to the second question--I think that column will allow me to do what I want