Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Chapters and parts
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:37 pm 

Hi. I'm confused about chapters and parts. It seems to me that they are the same thing since no matter what I do, I always get the same number of parts and chapters. I am mostly doing books that I have already downloaded on to my harddrive from CDs that I got from my library. Is there a way that I can get it to make chapters, either from the individual tracks, or at least the CDs? It shows no chapters, either in iTunes under Chapters, or on my iPod nano (the most recent one, with the touch screen). It's not that bad since the bookmarking works well and it always goes back to where I left off, no matter what else I might listen to in between, but having chapters would make it easier finding my place for those times when I fell asleep with it playing and have to go back a longer way.

I'd appreciate any help.

Ryan

Post subject: Re: Chapters and parts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:48 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Ryan,

Are there multiple Chapters showing up in the Chapters section or are your audiobooks each being brought in as a single file? Also, in the Finish section, click on where it says 'Build Options...' under where your Cover Art appears. Now, what do you have your Part Style set to?

http://www.splasm.com

Post subject: Re: Chapters and parts
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:32 pm 

I feel rather stupid right now, because I always just assumed that, in order to combine the tracks into a single audiobook, you had to click to join them once they were loaded. It never occurred to me not to do that. But when you asked about what the Build Options were set to, I clicked over to the Finish step to see, and I hadn't already joined the tracks, and I saw that there were 131 chapters (the numbers of files in the audiobook), and just one part. So, thanks for your help, and even though it's embarrassing, I'm glad I asked, or I never would have figured that out. :roll:

Ryan