Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:45 pm 

Yep, I'm using the latest version of Perian. I have 2 files, one which is 600MB and one that is 4.7GB. Both have failed conversion after multiple attempts. What would be the best way to get them to you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:22 pm 

I now have a comparison. Two .mkv files. three that work and at least 2 that don't. And it went from 3 that worked properly in a row, to now a few that will not.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:45 pm 

I get the same problem. For me, the first file in the queue will encode and be written correctly but each subsequent encode will fail and I'll get the error that the file could not be written. I have checked permissions and changed destination directories with no luck fixing the problem. I use Perian.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:07 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Its been a while since we have gotten a similar report. We have still been unable to duplicate this. Could you duplicate this and send us a profiler report just after the errors? Here's what to do:

1. Get ViddyUp! to fail again.

2. Open /Applications/Utilities/System Profiler.app.

3. Go to the File menu and select the Save option. Make sure you save the report to a place where you can find it, such as your Desktop.

4. Drag the saved report file to an email addressed to support@splasm.com with a short description of the issue.

Thanks for your help in collecting this information for us.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:59 am 

I have sent a system profile to you guys as requested. I hope this is resolved. It's a shame really. ViddyUp was one of those programs I used a lot and could always count on. Now it fails nearly every time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:00 pm 

I sent the information you asked for about a month ago. I haven't heard anything. Any fix for this error yet?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:03 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. There had been nothing new since the last time we emailed you about the issue after receiving your information. We were able to duplicate the issue once, but the error was within Apple's code (within QuickTime and the conversion process) and not in ViddyUp!'s. We were not able to duplicate it again with the same videos in the same order after several attempts. We had successfully processed dozens of test videos in various configurations before and after that specific conversion that failed. We are still unsure of what is causing it. It may or may not have something to do with Perian or other third party QuickTime components, but that is still speculation at this point. If we get any new information on the issue, we will be testing it again and again until we can track it down.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:20 pm 

Well, I certainly hope you can find a fix. The error is so frequent that I have given up on Viddy Up (only for the time being) as it just plain doesn't work most of the time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:13 am 

I'm having the same issue with a very large file that compresses for hours and then errors out with: "Processing /Volumes/Tera Two-Blizzard/Big Buzz Brands - Metro Denver Dental Society/Presentation 3 ƒ movies/3-5.mov
ViddyUp! could not write a temporary video track file
Source: /Volumes/Tera Two-Blizzard/Big Buzz Brands - Metro Denver Dental Society/Presentation 3 ƒ movies/3-5.mov
Destination: /Volumes/Tera Two-Blizzard/Big Buzz Brands - Metro Denver Dental Society/Presentation 3 ƒ movies/.ViddyUp!-Temp-017F2938E8-14250-8A980271-A156-4BF6-8EF6-17FCD31B3CE3/.workvideo.mov
QuickTime Error: -43"

What else would you guys like to know to try to chase this down? I'd send you the movie but it's 13.62 GB. I've had other files fail but eventually they work..... this large one has failed repeatedly.

-David

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:48 am 
Administrator
Administrator

What format is the video encoded in on your 13 gb file? You can find out by opening the file in QuickTime Player 7 and going to the Window menu and choosing 'Show Movie Properties'. It should list the video track and its Format in that window.