Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:06 am 

I have just started using Audiobook Builder. The first book I ripped from CD and everything went well. The title was added to iTunes, and when I clicked on Books in the Library, the title was listed in the Audiobooks section. The next three books were all created from books that had already been ripped to iTunes and which were in the Music section of the Library. All three of these books created successfully, but they now appear in the Books section of the Library and then in a new Songs section. Why did this happen?

I have recreated them, verified that they say "audiobooks" wherever there is an option, checked the tags in "get info", and I do not see anything that makes these three titles any different than the first title. I looked in Finder and all four books are in the Audiobooks folder. How can I correct this?

Also, on two of the books, I have created different artwork than that provided by Gracenotes. I added this artwork to the project, but they display in iTunes with the Gracenotes artwork. I looked in "get info" and the artwork that displays is the artwork that I created. How do I fix this?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:14 am 
Administrator
Administrator

You should see your books in the Audiobook Builder Playlist in iTunes, as well as the Books section of iTunes. If the originals came from iTunes, you will want to make sure you don't confuse the original files already in iTunes with the newly built book from Audiobook Builder. If you are happy with the results of your book, you could remove the original source files from your music section of your library.

You can end up with more than one piece of art for each book, and the first in line of cover art is usually shown. If you get info on the book in question from within iTunes, you can navigate to the Artwork tab and proceed to delete any extra artwork, other than the one you want. Let us know if this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:31 am 

We have a Mac and an iPad, so in iTunes the Books section has two divisions -- one for books that can be read on the iPad, and one for Audiobooks. A couple of the audiobooks that I was trying to build with Audiobook Builder created a third division in the Books section that was labeled Songs. These books appeared in this new Songs division rather than with the other Audiobooks in that division. The original files that the books were built from still appeared in the Music section of the Library (as I expected they would).

I solved my problem -- for all but one book -- by going to the Music section, selecting the files for the book that I wanted to build, selecting "get info", going to the Options area and changing the type to Audiobook. This moved all the files to the Books section of the Library and placed them in the Audiobooks division area. I then clicked on this book, went to Audiobook Builder and clicked the iTunes button which loaded all the individual files. I finished building the books normally. On the two of the three books that were giving me problems, the new Audiobook Builder file was located with the multiple mp3 files and I just deleted the mp3 files. On the other audiobooks that I have built, the new Audiobook Builder file created a second copy of the book in the Audiobooks division, so I just deleted the original book with the multiple mp3 files.

Out of the 20 audiobooks that I have built, only three books have given me problems and this procedure worked for two of the three. The third book appears in the Songs division no matter what I do. I have tried changing the type in the Options area to podcast, saving, and then changing it back to audiobooks, but that didn't work. When I changed it podcast, the book was removed from audiobooks and the songs division went away. When I went to the podcast division and changed it back to audiobook, it was back in the audiobooks section and it recreated the songs division.

Attachments:
File comment: This shows how the audiobook, "One for the Money", appears in the Songs division.
songs.png
songs.png [ 232.94 KiB | Viewed 12898 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:02 pm 

I found a previous attempt at building an Audiobook Builder file in the Music section of the Library. Once I deleted this file, the file in the Books section moved from the Songs division to the Audiobooks section.