Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: error when importing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:26 pm 

I get library books, and often my message is that bookbuilder cannot copy files. The disc have been cleaned, they play on itunes or other players, and my friend that uses this program with a PC never gets this error- any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: error when importing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:37 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Can you post the error you receive here? it will give us a better idea of what is happening. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:15 pm 

I have the same problem as the above person. I really used Audiobook Builder a lot before this issue came up. This just started in the last month (I did upgrade Audiobook Builder in that time frame). I had no problems at all before that unless the audio CD I borrowed from the library was very worn and scratched. The ones I have been trying recently are all brand new.
This is a screen grab of the error message:
Attachment:
error_message_Audiobook_Builder.jpg
error_message_Audiobook_Builder.jpg [ 32.89 KiB | Viewed 22453 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:34 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Do you know what version you were using before you upgraded and had issues? We can get you the older version to test with and find out if it is the newer version that is causing the issues or if it is the CD or some other issue.

If you run the CD in both versions and have errors on both, we will know that it was not because of any changes in the most recent version of Audiobook Builder.

If the error only occurs in the newer version, we will have a place to start looking. Let us know!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:20 pm 

I was using 1.2.5 Audiobook builder before I upgraded. I just tried the older version (it was still on my back-up drive). I still am not able to load the book.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:38 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

If both versions are having the same issue, we can rule out the upgrade as the problem. It may be something specific with that CD or Book of CDs, or the drive could be having trouble reading that set of CDs. I know slot loading drives and iMacs in particular can be finicky with what they read. Playing CDs and actually copying complete data from them can be enough of a difference to cause issues.

You may want to try using iTunes with error correction turned on to import the book you are having trouble with. Let us know if you run into anymore issues or have helpful information about the book you are importing. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:55 am 

novelstoo2 wrote:
I have the same problem as the above person. I really used Audiobook Builder a lot before this issue came up. This just started in the last month (I did upgrade Audiobook Builder in that time frame). I had no problems at all before that unless the audio CD I borrowed from the library was very worn and scratched. The ones I have been trying recently are all brand new.
This is a screen grab of the error message:
Attachment:
error_message_Audiobook_Builder.jpg

I just ran into the exact same error. I'm running the same version of ABB (1.2.6) as well. I also then upgraded to ABB 1.5, still have the problem. Any clues/fixes? TIA.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:01 am 

I am also having the same problem after upgrading. I was using a very old version (I'd have to check and see if it's still in my backup drive), but after upgrading am no longer able to import cd's. It goes very very slow for a while and then I get a similar error message. I'm on a macbookpro so that busts the imac theory.

Attachments:
Screen shot 2011-05-12 at 9.54.18 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-05-12 at 9.54.18 AM.png [ 28.29 KiB | Viewed 22405 times ]
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:04 am 

FYI- I solved this problem by repairing disk permissions in Disk Utility. When another app I use that relies on iTunes gave me a similar error message, I realized that it wasn't just AudioBook Builder that was having the problem.

Go to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utilities. Click on your hard drive, and under "First Aid", select "Repair Disk Permissions". You should be good to go.