Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:25 pm 

I'm trying to create an audiobook from CDs that have 99 tracks per disc. Every time I try to import a disc (and I have tried with multiple discs so I know one isn't just scratched or something), the import gets all the way to track 99 and then the program stops responding and I have to force quit. When I restore, all the imported files have been lost. There is a time-consuming workaround (import first to iTunes, then add from iTunes) but I was wondering if there is some issue because the CD I am importing from has so many tracks?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:48 am 

Incidentally, once I FINALLY got all those tracks loaded, the book took FOREVER to build. Again, I don't know if it was the 99 tracks per disc or the fact that I was adding as files from iTunes, but it was way more hassle than I expect from this program.

Any advice? Fixes?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:35 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I just ran a couple tests using 99 track CDs and had no problems on import. Is it happening in the same spot with an array of different 99 track CDs or the same 99 track CD?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:57 pm 

It has happened upon reaching track 99 with multiple discs from the same audiobook - it had 18 discs and I experienced the problem on discs 1, 2, 4 and a later one (to clarify, I tested these discs with the standard importer and had the problem every time; the rest of the discs I imported using the iTunes workaround).

It could be something to do with the way this audiobook is authored I suppose - it's from Brilliance Audio, which isn't a company I've come across before while importing I don't think. The discs themselves are all clean and free of scratches, so I don't think that's a contributing factor.