Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:32 pm 

I am looking to combine a lecture series of 36 lectures divided on 18 cd's. I want to be able to be able to skip ahead chapters but still have it look as one file. Before i bought this great product i could rip all the cds and load them in itunes as one file but when i put them on my ipod classic 80gb or ipod nano (2g) it listed them as individual tracks. This was annoying because i could not remember where i left off. I have used this software to join cd's which is great and they show up as one track in audiobook and remember my place. My only wish was that i could skip ahead by chapters and see what each chapter is called. I figured out a way to skip ahead a chapter by choosing "break between files" in the build options. This allows me to skip ahead but i dont get to see what each chapter is called. I am wondering if this is just the way my ipod 80gb classic (i think 5th gen) is built or if there is a different way to import that will afford me all of these options:

Listed as one track under audiobook so i can easily click on it and start up where i left off
ability to skip chapters so that i can go back to a past lecture (i would like each lecture to be a chapter)
the ability to see the title of each lecture (which i am saving as a chapter)

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:59 am 
Administrator
Administrator

You did hit on a stumbling block of the classic iPod. It does not actually show the chapter names when skipping between your chapters. One trick you may want to try is to turn your audiobook into a podcast, and then sync it to your iPod as a podcast. You can do this by selecting your audiobook in itunes, then going to the file menu and choose 'Get Info'. On the next window, click on the options tab and choose 'Podcast' under the Media Kind popup. This will move your audiobook to the Podcast section, and will list your book under a podcast listing titled as your audiobook. Once you sync your audiobook as a podcast instead, you should be able to see the chapter titles as you move through the book.

Let us know if this works for you. Thanks for the question!