Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:29 pm 

I have created an AudioBook from a 3 CD set. As I imported each disc, it listed the titles of the individual track. I specified that I wanted to import them as one file. When the project was completed, the chapters show only Disc 1, Disc 2 and Disc 3. How can I create a project in a single file but retain the ability to see and access the individual tracks?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:39 am 

by not importing them as one file?
and let ABB join them to one file when you assemble the audiobook..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:13 pm 

Hi.

I've built 2 audiobooks with fully registered ABbuilder. I imported from CD as individual files. But then after the build the audiobooks show up as single tracks. How do I 'see' the individual chapters in itunes / jump to next chapter mark?

On the ipod the chapters show up ok after going into each audiobook and I can jump to the next.
The reason I need to do this is because each chapter is a different story of a collection of Ghost Stories by the same author (i.e. 1 story per CD track).

Also, one of the CDs is a compilation with different authors. To have them show up as stories by separate authors (artist) in itunes I had to remove all the irrelevant tracks/chapters to leave just the ones by the author in question and build the audiobook. Then I had to start a new project and do the same for the other author. Once in i tunes, I could then group the tracks together as a compilation to keep as one album, just like the CD. But the problem of not being able to see the individual chapters (stories) in itunes still exists. And on my ipod I can 'see the seperate' chapter titles and jump to the next one as if the stories were separate tracks. The only slight niggle is that the .mp4 extension is still there (whereas on the Ghost story audiobook the extension is invisible in the chapter titles). How can I get rid of the extension?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:34 pm 

This might make my description clearer...

In Itunes
Audiobook Track Title / Artist =

1 Ghost Stories Vol. 1 / M.R. James (If I try to skip it selects the next audiobook in iTunes not next chapter and I cannot 'see' the chapter names [until it is playing in the scrolling window thingy next to the play/skip controls])

1 Classic Fairy Tales (Sunday Times Promotional Compilation) / Hans Christian Adersen (Read By Erica Jones)
2 Classic Fairy Tales (Sunday Times Promotional Compilation) / The Brothers Grimm (Read By Laura Paton)

On iPod
Ghost Stories Vol.1 / M.R. James
A View From A Hill
Rats
A School Story
The Ash Tree
The Story Of A Disappearance And An Appearance

Classic Fairy Tales (Sunday Times Promotional Compilation) / Hans Christian Adersen (Read By Erica Jones)
1 The Emperor's New Clothes.mp4
2 The Little Match Girl.mp4
Classic Fairy Tales (Sunday Times Promotional Compilation) / The Brothers Grimm (Read By Laura Paton)
3 Snow White.mp4
4 Tom Thumb.mp4
7 etc

Sorry for being a perfectionist freak.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:45 am 

Im not sure if I get exactly what you mean but Ill just explain some stuff and hope that it helps you :)

If you have an audiobook file with chapters:
On iPod: it will be one file/track, when playing it it will have blue lines in the 'progress' bar which represent chapter breaks, using the forward and reverse you can go to next/previous chapters
In iTunes: it will look like one file/track, when playing a new item will appear in your menubar (bar at top op screen) named 'Chapters' there you can select the chapter you want to play. (and see which is currently playing)