Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:14 pm 

This is my first post to these forums. Hopefully I can explain this problem well.

I imported 22 CDs for the German version of Harry Potter 7 and am converting them to audiobooks. I've labeled each chapter uncreatively with Harry Potter 7-1, Harry Potter 7-2, etc. They appear to be correct in iTunes but they are not right on my iPod. When I click on Audiobooks on my iPod, I see the 14 chapters that I've converted so far. They appear to be in order in the playlist on my iPod but the when I click on one of the chapters, a different chapter plays and is displayed.

For example
Playlist states "Harry Potter 7-10" what plays is "Harry Potter 7-2"
Playlist states "Harry Potter 7-4" what plays is "Harry Potter 7-9"
The only chapter that accurately plays when I click on it in the playlist is chapter 1.

I don't understand why the chapters are right on my computer in iTunes and appear to be correct in the playlist but aren't. Can I relabel them so that my iPod will display and play them in order?

I'm running iTunes 7.6 on a PowerBook G4 with Tiger 10.4.11. I'm also using a 1st gen Nano and Audiobook 1.0.7. I'd like to get this problem fixed before I import/convert the rest of the chapters.

Thanks, Julie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:31 pm 

Here's an update. I changed the titles of files so they matched the actual titles of the chapters in the book. That didn't help.

When I created the first 15 chapters I created them as separate books with chapter markings. I went to iTunes and opened the "Get Info" window and changed all the books relating to Harry Potter 7 so that they had the same album name. I also changed the track numbers to read 1 of 37, 2 of 37, etc. This didn't help either.

I then restored my iPod to factory settings and synced it. This didn't help either.

I've read other issues with iPods but none of the issues with losing bookmarks bother me. I'm not a native German speaker and I listen to these tapes so I can get some practice hearing German. I enjoy - and sometimes need to - listen to the same thing over. However, could those problems with iPods also be indirectly related to all ABB on iPod?

Julie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:19 pm 

I've been playing with the names of the chapters and still having problems. I decided to delete the chapters I've already listened to from my iTunes library and not create too many chapters in advance. That seems to be working. I currently only have 3 chapters from the Harry Potter 7 book on my iPod and the files that play are actually the files in the Audiobook folder. :)

I would still like to know what causes this problem and if there is a solution that will allow me to keep all the chapters on my iPod. Any suggestions?

Julie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:10 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Let's back up to your first post, when you stated that you tell the iPod to play a specific track and it plays another. One of your examples:

Playlist states "Harry Potter 7-10" what plays is "Harry Potter 7-2"

You're telling the iPod to play a track titled "Harry Potter 7-10" but it plays a track titled "Harry Potter 7-2"? The iPod doesn't just play the wrong content, but the actual track title as displayed by the iPod is "Harry Potter 7-2"?

https://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:36 pm 

If I understand your question, the answer is yes.

If I play the chapters on my computer in iTunes, there is no problem.

Playing them on the iPod is where I have problems. I maneuver my way to the Audiobooks folder. The only book I have in that folder at the moment is Harry Potter 7, the first 15 chapters. The chapter titles are lined up correctly. I find "Harry Potter 7-10" (the 10th chapter) and click on it. What plays is "Harry Potter 7-2" and the chapter title "Harry Potter 7-2" is what is displayed while playing.

This happened when I had 15 chapters on my iPod. I have now removed all but the 3 current chapters I'm listening to and I don't have this problem. However, I'd like to get it fixed because I know I want to take the entire book with me on vacation this summer.

Julie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:38 pm 

I am having the same problem. On my computer (mac 0SX 10.6.2) all the chapters are correct (chapter content matches label and are in the correct order). After iPhone (3 GS current software) sync, chapter label is in correct order, but chapter content is mismatched (sometimes), ie. chapter 8 content shows up in chapter 4 label...

I made sure the info labels were correct on the computer.

Frustrating.