Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:44 pm 

1) Be able to use files directly from iTunes Albums. Right now, I have to rip into iTunes, copy into a folder (outside of iTunes), then drag into Chapters, then remove folder (and files) then iTunes (remove individual files now combined into 1 file), etc. If there were a feature to just be able to select an iTunes album directly within ABB and from there ABB use the source files from within the iTunes library, it would greatly speed up the entire process.

If this can be done and I'm just being totally blind/stupid, let me know!

2) Also echo someone's else's comment about not copying into ABB project file. Not sure why that would be needed. Now I have an ABB project at x gigs, and combined, but parted files taking up basically the same space.

3) Echo again not having to re-convert AAC => AAC; sees to waste a lot of time; especially if all the files are encoded the same way.

Otherwise, bows and praise for great product! I gladly paid the cash; trying to cobble processes and scripts to get this same functionality was a huge waste of time. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:54 am 

barddzen wrote:
1) Be able to use files directly from iTunes Albums. Right now, I have to rip into iTunes, copy into a folder (outside of iTunes), then drag into Chapters, then remove folder (and files) then iTunes (remove individual files now combined into 1 file), etc. If there were a feature to just be able to select an iTunes album directly within ABB and from there ABB use the source files from within the iTunes library, it would greatly speed up the entire process.

2) Also echo someone's else's comment about not copying into ABB project file. Not sure why that would be needed. Now I have an ABB project at x gigs, and combined, but parted files taking up basically the same space.

3) Echo again not having to re-convert AAC => AAC; sees to waste a lot of time; especially if all the files are encoded the same way.

Ok, ill answer 1 and 3.

1) When in iTunes, make sure all the files form the one audiobook have the same artist+album (or at least the same artist, you can for instance have the same album name for each chapter to make it easier to import the files into ABB o a per chapter basis)
And if you let iTunes sort your music library (an option in iTunes to keep your music files organised)
Then when you have selected one of the audiobook tracks choose "Show in Finder" from the menu or use cmd+R. then the finder window containing that tracks will open, it will be in a folder with its album name, which will be inside folder with the artist name, so just go back one step to the Artists folder, then you can drag any of those album folders containing all the tracks into ABB..

3) well you dont need to reencode them, when making a new project make sure you have the 'Passthrough if possible' option selected. this is one of the faetures of aac/h.264, if the resulting file had the same encoding as the original you can choose Passthrough as an option so it doesnt need to reencode everything.