Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Series of Books
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:14 pm 

Hello. This is my first post. I think I need help not so much with Audiobook Builder itself but with a general strategy. I have an audio Bible I really like on mp3 CDs. I've imported them into iTunes on my Mac. I have tried several build strategies in ABB but none of them have given the functionality I want. If I divide by the tracks, which are the chapters of the Bible then I have over 1000 chapters in my audio book to scroll through on my phone. If I divide by the books of the Bible, then I have 66 chapters, but now I don't have the fine grain control of where I am in a particular book of the Bible.

It seems like I am looking for a way to have more than two layers of the finished product. Is there a way to create multiple books but link them together? Any other suggestions.

Thanks,
Steve

Post subject: Re: Series of Books
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:16 pm 

Break the files into books in a way that makes sense to you, and label them as such, perhaps also adding numbers and a unifying name. So you would have Bible 1-and then a title that makes sense to you. You could make a book out of each CD if you wanted, or some other division that makes sense. This way you'd be in charge of how the parts are made, and have all the original chapters within each part so you could find passages when you want them.
Another thing would be to label the files within each book in a way that helps you to find things. When renaming files keep the original chapter name, if its there, then number them with the disk # and the file #
Hope this helps