Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:59 am 

I recently upgraded to El Capitan. I'm using Checkbook 2.5.8. I've been a Checkbook user for many years.

One thing that has started happening is that the Date field is no longer populated with the current date. It appears to default to the last selected date. This happens, for example, when creating a new Debit or Deposit.

I'm sure this hasn't always been the case, because I almost never touch that Date field. I just happened to notice when look at some old Debits and noticed they all had the same date, even though they were spread out over different months.

Is this a bug or have I inadvertently triggered some setting and if so how do I undo it?

For example, I was testing this a couple of days ago and I set selected the date (01-17-2016). Now today (01-19-2016) when I click the Debit button, the dialog that pops up populates the date field as 01-17-2016, not today 01-19-2016. If I pick 01-19-2016, it will forever use that date unless I explicitly change it again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:17 pm 

I've noticed that, as well. But I found that tapping the T key (for Today?) sets the correct date.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The OS update could've reset your preferences because there's a preference for whether the current date or the last entered date comes up for new entries, with the latter being the default. To adjust the preference, choose 'Preferences...' from the CheckBook (Pro) menu at the top of the screen and then hit the Entry button at the top of the Preferences window. You'll want to have 'Set Date to Today' selected below where it says 'When Adding Entries'.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:55 pm 

I feel stupid. I looked in Preferences, but guess I missed it. Thanks, that was it!