Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:15 am 

I imported 30 CDs from an audiobook. In the list it just says "Audio" and doesn't say "Chapter" like it says it will. Then when it went to iTunes and to my iPhone it just says Parts 1, 2 and 3 with no chapter list.

How can I get a chapter list?
If I rename these "Audios" to "Chapters" and rebuild and send to iTunes will they show up then?

I did notice that while they were importing, there was a box that popped up saying something like it could not find the name or there were two names and it wanted me to pick one. But I didn't know what that was and I thought it was coming from Itunes so I just ignored it. Was this the source of the "audio" vs "Chapter" issue?

Thanks!
Ginger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:09 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

It's always the file names that will show in Audiobook Builder listed in the Chapters section. It sounds like the generic "Audio" names came in during your import due to an issue with connecting to get the actual file names. In the future, when multiple options are located for retrieving CD track names, be sure to select one to get the names for each track to import.

Now, at this point, you could certainly go in and change those names in Audiobook Builder to whatever you like and then rebuild. No matter what, just know that in iTunes, a Chapters list will be available only once a file is playing. So, you'd want to try hitting Play on your Audiobook and then look to the Chapters menu that will then apppear at the top of the screen between the Window and Help menus—clicking there reveals the list of Chapters.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:44 pm 

Hi, thank you for your response. I imported another audiobook and this time it captured the CD titles but still no chapter list. In iTunes, it only gives me the name of the audiobook. When I imported to my iPhone, and played in iTunes, there is also no chapter list. Usually I click on the icon at the top right of the screen that looks like a bulleted list to see the chapter list but when I do that now, it just tells me the name of the audiobook. I can, however, see the chapter number at the bottom next to the author's name as it is playing it tells me what chapter is playing. Ultimately I want to be able to select what chapter to listen to. How do I do this?

Thanks
Ginger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:24 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Any individual listing showing in Audiobook Builder's Chapters section will end up as a Chapter within a built file. The only way to view the Chapters an Audiobook contains in iTunes is to begin playing it and then go up to click the Chapters menu that appears at the very top of the screen (see attached image) while the book is playing.
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2012-10-02 at 9.35.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2012-10-02 at 9.35.39 AM.png [ 231.45 KiB | Viewed 23432 times ]

On the iPhone, within the Music app, there's no way to view Chapters due to an Apple bug in most of the latest versions of iOS. Basically, the button that looks like it has a bulleted list on it is supposed to bring up the Chapters list, but the bug prevents that from working as expected. Skipping between Chapters still works, though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:58 pm 

Thank you. The screen shot helped. I hope they fix the bug soon for the iphone.
Love this app!
Thanks!
Ginger

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:21 am 
Administrator
Administrator

It's great to hear that the screenshot helped with locating the Chapters menu. Also, we hope they fix the iOS bug soon as well!