Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: More requests
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:58 am 

After using Checkbook for just a few hours, I quickly registered a couple hours ago. I never thought I would ever use a checkbook application, but recently I can't figure out why I was so set against it since I use my computer for so many things.
1. Choosing software to help me keep track of every penny is no easy task - but I chose software for my Palm first as I thought I would use it more. One feature at the top of my list was import/export options. I usually do all my numerical manipulations in Excel, so I really wanted something that would import/export a variety of files available from my bank, and my Palm application. Many apps I tried totally messed up data from my bank's QIF files and the other formats. This is the first non-Palm app I found that seemed to import whatever non-standard stuff my bank does. More import/export options is always better.
2. I'd like to have a separate column for Categories. The notes field and Description fields aren't adequate for viewing in columns.
3. I would like to have separate views. In particular, it would be nice to slim down the display by showing only the columns that are necessary at the time and save that view/option to quickly switch to.
4. A zoom option would be great. I'd rather scroll from left to right than to have to squint at the data. Having a non-white background color would also lessen the amount of eyestrain.
5. Changing data for several entries at once. I desperately wanted to select several entries to edit their types instead of modifying one at a time.
6. Duplication of entries would be so helpful for those too frequent times when I've returned to the same store for a forgotten item - even online purchases. Also, since I work for different companies at different pay rates, duplicating a deposit would be a time-saver.
7. What will happen when a scheduled payment is due? Will there be an alarm sound or dialog box? What if the application isn't running - will the payment be made an entry at launch? I thought the walkthru lacked the spicier details of features.
I'll think of more when I'm not so sleepy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:58 am 

I nearly forgot to mention that a built-in calculator would really help.