Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: QIF export
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:06 pm 

Why not add a qif export beside the text format ?

Also, why not add a OFX import ? That's the format used by many banks here. I have to use the Ofx2Qif utility to convert from one format in another but it could ne simplier (for me...) if all this stuff was on the Chebook side.

Also, while i'm here : it lacks a good reconciliation traitment, imho. We should be able to download statements from our bank and proceed to an automatic reconciliation... no need to manually check the entries of checkbook.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

All good suggestions!

QIF export is coming as part of CheckBook 1.5.2. It will be basic, at least at first, but the current build exports the selected Account just fine.

OFX I/O is a resource-intensive area that we are still exploring. One major challenge we have identified is that the OFX standard has evolved over the last few years and there are now several versions. We understand how important this functionality is, but it's important to get it right and will take some time to implement correctly.

CheckBook's QIF Import obeys the 'C' field in incoming QIF files, which indicates whether a transaction is cleared or reconciled. Since CheckBook doesn't distinguish between these two states, just the presence of the 'C' field is enough to tell it that the imported Entry should be Resolved. If the QIF transaction is missing the 'C' field CheckBook will mark the imported Entry as Unresolved. It's a little too general to automatically mark each imported Entry as Resolved, because it may be imported from another financial package rather than from a Real World institution, but we can consider providing a method of Resolving all Entries in a single action before they are committed to the current Account, ie. a Reconcile All button alongside the standard Deposit/Debit/Transfer trio.

https://www.splasm.com