Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:47 pm 

If the accounts window would slide-inward, like the to-do list in iCal, then I think it would be a more useful tool, and more congruent with the well-designed software.

Now it slides-outward, off my screen, and takes too much time & effort to continuously adjust the main window so everything still fits on-screen. I find myself using the account- switch to commands from the menu bar at top, instead of constantly fiddling with windows so everything fits on-screen. No big deal if you only have 1 account, but if you have multiple, it does matter. It's awkward to use on a MacBook Pro.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:35 pm 

Yes, I agree. This would be most helpful.

MKT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:30 pm 

Command shift A seems easy enough :)
or Menubar > Window > Hide / Show Accounts.
the accounts list always remembers the width it has been set to.

I'm sorry If I misunderstood what you want
but I always work with the Accounts showing so my eight accounts always fit on screen without a problem.

S.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:02 am 

In general, it bothers me that the columns of CheckBook 2 are so infinitely adjustable. I have suggested in another post that the columns should be able to be adjusted using numerical entries like Categories have a width of 1.3" and balance have a column width of 1.34". Then I would love to be able to LOCK those settings after determining what width the Description column I personally need. In Quicken, column widths are permanent and not adjustable. I like the customizable concept of adjustable columns in CheckBook 2 but as I change to reconcile mode in an account or switch from one account to another, it bugs me that if I don't spend a lot of time carefully adjusting each column like Category to be the same in regular mode and reconcile mode for an account and even make the Category column the same in both modes for my 4 other account that when I switch from one account to another, the columns keep changing around and jumping back and forth. I like sameness. Customizability but to be able to lock my settings and not be afraid that I may accidentally move the column out of whack which I worked so hard to set up or mess up the whole window of columns as a whole. My feelings about CheckBook 2. Also, in another post I asked if you have to copy not only the Accounts.plist from Library but the CheckBook 2 Preferences file under SPASM in the Preferences under Library to a disc because merely using the backup Accounts.plist in backup establishes all the data in a new installation of CheckBook but all of the preferred widths and colors and choices of columns that show and don't show are not apparently stored in the Accounts.plist file but perhaps in the Checkbook 2 Preferences file. should I make a copy to disc of the Preferences file too to restore back to the Library preferences under Spasm in order to restore my complete setup when reinstalling Checkbook 2 or after reinstalling the operating system from scratch? These are my thoughts.
Stephen Borisoff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:58 am 

I'd like to add my vote as well!