Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Can it do ....?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:00 am 

I'm new to CheckBook, and just trying it out at this stage. I've been trying iBank and Accounts too, and so far I like this one the best. It is the most intuitive to use. It looks good, and feels good. But there are a few things I'm wondering if it can do because I can't find them.

1. I think this one has been answered in other forum posts. I would find the program far more useful if it could do summaries based on information from multiple accounts. I gather from previous posts that a feature allowing it to show a combined balance is planned. That would be good, but combined summaries would be more important. Any plans in that direction?

2. The Splits are nice, and I like the fact that they can be built into Scheduled transactions. I've tried out iBank, and they don't seem to allow putting splits into a scheduled transaction. BUT, why can't a split consist of positive and negative transactions? I use this quite a lot, and I would have thought it was fairly common. For example, an incoming wage entry could show the gross income (+ve) and several deductions (-ve). Is there a way of doing this that I haven't spotted yet?

3. Is it possible to have groups within the list of types, or even just to change the order in which they appear in the summaries (other than alphabetical)?

4. I agree with a previous poster who said it would be better if the types could be shared between accounts, or optionally imported from one to another?

Excellent Program. I look forward to these answers. Thanks,

Nathan