Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Attachments
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:05 pm 

Hello,

I have been using iCash since the 10 Oct. It's really a joy to use and I'm feeling a lot more confident about managing my money. I have a suggestion, I don't think it has been asked before.

One of my accounts is for a credit card which is used only for online purchasing. my suggestion is applicble to all debit accounts. When I have made an online purchase I receive a receipt. I normlly print these off and store them in Devonthink pro. It would be really useful if these could be attached to the debit. I know there is note for each entry, but they don't accept the complexity of a receipt, boxes etc. I'd be happy to use the note if they coul preserve the format of email-receipts.

hardcat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

We hope you haven't been using iCash!

A few other users have requested the same and we intend to add this in a future release. We actually enabled storing graphics, including PDF, in the Notes section during development, but we believed the feature could lead to some incredibly large Accounts files, and thus very long waits for the files to open and close, so we pulled it. We will probably redesign the Accounts file format so that it can accommodate numerous attachments without affecting load/save times.

https://www.splasm.com

Post subject: SORRRRYYYY
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:25 pm 

Hey,

So Sorry about the iCash bit. I just told my son that it was available for PCs which is what he has. I'm loyal to CHECKBOOK! And I stand before you ashamed...LOL.

Thanks for the reply. I can fully appreciate your concerns with large files and the effect this would have on the performance of Checkbook. If you can find a solution that would be great. Perhaps a link pointing to a folder in ~Documents/Checkbook receipts for example might be a solution. Not very neat but there would be be no added files to Checkbook. I just want to have an easy way when comparing Checkbook with my statements to quickly bring up a receipt to check all is as it should be, or to check a receipt's details.

Thanks for your time.

Yours with the wrong application name,

hardcat