Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:26 am 

I just started using CheckBook this week and had no problem at all importing my data from Quicken for Mac 2007 - all QIF files. This morning I downloaded (in QIF format) a statement update from SunTrust Bank and encountered something rather strange. In CheckBook I hit 'file import" and chose the file from my downloads folder - the qif file. The downloads window showed no file name to import. I thought for a while and decided to go back to SunTrust and try downloading the file as a Microsoft money file format - OFX. That did the trick and the data was imported with no problem. Why this behavior, thought, when i'd had no problem before importing QIF files? It's no big deal, now that I know I simply need to export/import as a OFX file, but find it rather strange. Any thoughts? :D

Brenda in Atlanta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:39 am 

Please Note - this is a revision to my post - I mis-spoke - the files I had problem importing are not QIF files, but QFX files - sorry for the confusion. But I still don't understand why I had this problem. Thanks for your help.

Brenda in Atlanta :D