Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Account & Entry Limits
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:42 am 

Hi Guys,

I would like to create a totally different CBP Account for a side business I can send to someone. In other words, have 2 "Accounts.cbaccounts" on my computer. Can I change the name to something else, "Accounts-1.cbaccounts" & Accounts-2.cbaccounts"?

2. Is there a entry limit to how many items I can have. I've been using this since 2007!?? I have thousands of items across many open and closed accounts. Will I run into and hard limits?

Thanks!

J.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:46 pm 

Name your accounts whatever you like. Checking, Savings, AMEX, Chase MasterCard... You aren't limited in this regard. And have as many accounts as you like.
I doubt there are limits.My accounts go back to 2005.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you can send to someone else.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:18 pm 

t3rockhall wrote:
Name your accounts whatever you like. Checking, Savings, AMEX, Chase MasterCard... You aren't limited in this regard. And have as many accounts as you like.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you can send to someone else.

Thanks! But, sorry, not what I'm asking. The CBP Files' name is called "Accounts.cbaccounts" that resides on the drive (I use it with my OneDrive so it's on all my machines.) I want to be able to create a NEW 'Accounts' File and be able to use both ( IE. "Accounts-1.cbaccounts" & Accounts-2.cbaccounts"?) as in two separate files: one for personal account, the other for a side business. I guess I could test it out with a back up secure, just nervous about messing it up. Hoping to hear from the company :D

Thanks!

Joseph

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Joseph!

It sounds like you're looking to have a completely separate document with Accounts that are just for your side business. You can definitely do that. Open CheckBook Pro, go to the File menu, down to New, and click the Document... menu item. Name the document whatever works for you, save it someplace safe, like your Documents folder, and you're on your way. The easiest way to switch between your documents is from the File > Open Recent submenu.

CheckBook Pro won't limit the number of Accounts or Entries you can have in a single document, though you may run into performance issues the closer you get to, say, 100,000 Entries. We test with 70,000 or more Entries on the regular and Macs from the last five years or so don't really have an issue with that. You'd need around 400 Entries every month since 2007 to get near that number so you're probably in good shape. If performance ever does dip for you, let us know at support@splasm.com and we'll see what we can do!

https://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:20 am 

Perfect! Thanks so much!

I will say that CBP has been a godsend for managing my accounts in euros and dollars (transfers etc.) through the years.

Thank you for making this!!!

Joseph