Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:19 pm 

I am a new user. I do business with two banks and have several accounts with each. I want to insure that all my data is isolated so that it can not possibly get mixed. What is the best way to set up my accounts?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:46 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Setting up two different Accounts document would be the way to go. To create an additional document, anytime, go up to click the File menu at the top of the screen and use the New > Document menu option. In the end, you can very quickly switch between documents, each of which can contain their own unique accounts set, using the Open Recent option found under the File menu.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:23 pm 

Allan, I have set up the two accounts documents successfully. To facilitate working from one to the other is there a way to open both of them at once?

I assume that you could not work in both but it would be helpful to view both at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:32 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The application isn't capable of displaying two documents at once. But, if you were to duplicate the application, so that you have two copies of it, you'd then have two different documents open in each copy.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:55 pm 

I performed an update the last time I used CheckBook. Yesterday I was making entries on the schedule page of one of my two accounts when I received a message that I needed to update. When I updated, the entry page of the other account appeared with a number of incorrect entries (from the previous account) inserted into the transaction list of the first account.

I have apparently lost the entries for one account, it does not now appear in the "open recents" list.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:09 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
I performed an update the last time I used CheckBook. Yesterday I was making entries on the schedule page of one of my two accounts when I received a message that I needed to update. When I updated, the entry page of the other account appeared with a number of incorrect entries (from the previous account) inserted into the transaction list of the first account.

I have apparently lost the entries for one account, it does not now appear in the "open recents" list.

Hi there! It helps other users to browse or find new threads for new issues or questions, so we'll take care of you in the thread you started at https://www.splasm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6903. Thanks!

https://www.splasm.com