Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:53 pm 

I've been running CBP on my rMBP for several years. I am currently running El Cap 10.11.4, beta 3 on one machine and have had NO issues with CBP. I last used it yesterday morning (02/13) and everything was fine - no issues to report whatsoever.

I attempted to open CBP this afternoon, and nothing. I keep the icon in my dock, and when I attempt to open the app, the icon bounces ONE time and nothing.

Fearing the worst, I went to my non-beta MBA and was able to open the app and the current accounts file. All of the data appears to be correct (allaying my fears that the data has somehow been corrupted). But it's still no go on my rMBP with the beta of El Capitan - the same "one bounce" results from running the app.

Any ideas? Anything I can check? Any logs that will shed some light on the issue? There doesn't appear to be any issue with any other program, app or data files on this machine.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:57 pm 

The only way to resolve the issue was to delete the app and reinstall...

Not sure if this was a problem with the beta software, with Checkbook Pro or with the Mac App Store, as I noticed the following (multiple times) in the Console log:

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 8.56.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 8.56.38 PM.png [ 39.69 KiB | Viewed 19259 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:10 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Don,

The word from Apple is the issue is with the WWDR Intermediate certificate, which expired on the 14th, preventing apps purchased from the Mac App Store from validating their receipts. They say a restart should be all that's needed, but we've heard from several folks, on a wide range of versions of OS X, that restarting hasn't helped. We don't see the issue here on any of our test Macs, making it difficult for us to troubleshoot, so we're recommending reinstalling the application (just the application, leaving the data in its document, elsewhere on the Mac, intact). Here are the full details: http://www.splasmata.com/?p=3042. Can you try reinstalling? We're very curious to know how reinstalling from the Mac App Store works out, and whether the workaround of using the version from our website is necessary in your case. Thanks!

https://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:05 am 

keithg wrote:
Hi Don,

The word from Apple is the issue is with the WWDR Intermediate certificate, which expired on the 14th, preventing apps purchased from the Mac App Store from validating their receipts. They say a restart should be all that's needed, but we've heard from several folks, on a wide range of versions of OS X, that restarting hasn't helped. We don't see the issue here on any of our test Macs, making it difficult for us to troubleshoot, so we're recommending reinstalling the application (just the application, leaving the data in its document, elsewhere on the Mac, intact). Here are the full details: http://www.splasmata.com/?p=3042. Can you try reinstalling? We're very curious to know how reinstalling from the Mac App Store works out, and whether the workaround of using the version from our website is necessary in your case. Thanks!

Yes, Keith... deleting the app and reinstalling from the MAS resolved the issue.

FWIW, it's a rather sinking feeling to see your financial management app fail to open. And the bouncing icon in the dock seemed to be mocking me. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:03 am 
Administrator
Administrator

We're so glad you're back in business, Don!

We know that sinking feeling all too well and we hate to hear of anyone experiencing it. We get it when we see a few hundred support requests roll in, realize it's an issue we can only react to, and know other shoe(s) are about to drop. No matter what, though, our users' actual data is never at risk, unless they remove it (never uninstall with a third-party tool like CleanMyMac without contacting us first), and we'll always be here to help get folks back up and running.

https://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:44 am 

keithg wrote:
We're so glad you're back in business, Don!

We know that sinking feeling all too well and we hate to hear of anyone experiencing it. We get it when we see a few hundred support requests roll in, realize it's an issue we can only react to, and know other shoe(s) are about to drop. No matter what, though, our users' actual data is never at risk, unless they remove it (never uninstall with a third-party tool like CleanMyMac without contacting us first), and we'll always be here to help get folks back up and running.

Indeed. I haven't had many problems or issues with CBP, but you have always been here to help when needed.