Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:13 pm 

I understand my CBP files are in iCloud, and the upgrade to Yosemite wants me to set up iCloud Drive, (and won't do it unless my iPads are running iOS8) but my iPad2 (supposedly) finds iOS8 clunky and causes slowdowns, so I haven't installed it. My CBP seems to be running all right with Yosemite, but am I asking for trouble? Should I put the CBP file back on my Mac? Since the iOS version seems to be in eternal limbo (vaporware?), what's the advantage of keeping it in iCloud? I actually bought the app a second time so I could be ready for the non-existent mobile version.

Some really good, honest info would really be appreciated!

Edit: I have installed 8.0.2 on one of my iPad2 tablets, and it works, so I'm ready for the next step.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:58 pm 

I would advise you to be careful. Since I have updated to iCloud drive I have been unable to use an iCloud file. Checkbook Pro still works on a local copy of the account file, but an attempt at using an iCloud drive file just gives the dreaded spinning beachball upon the request for the file password.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

t3rockhall:

The advantages of keeping an Accounts file in iCloud would be if you wanted to have automatic syncing setup between two different Macs. We're still working on getting an iOS version out and when that's ready, that'll open the doors for syncing to those additional devices.

Now, regarding the updating to iCloud Drive, it's probably best to avoid doing that unless you're going to be using iCloud Drive on all of your devices as any changes made to an item in iCloud Drive isn't going to sync to devices using just iCloud.

bobkane:

It sounds you're encountering an issue that crops up related to Open panels. Can you Force Quit the application, if it's currently running, and try opening your data by double-clicking the file where it shows in the iCloud Drive folder (outside of CheckBook, in the Finder)? Let us know how that goes. If issues persist, email us at support@splasm.com so we can send steps for gathering additional info that'll tell us more about what's hanging there.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:47 am 

Thanks for the quick response - your solution seems to have worked, and my iCloud drive file opens fine. Guess I am ready to test the mobile app now!