Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:49 am 

Please excuse me if an answer exists in a thread and I just can't seem to find it. I have tried a variety of keyword searches to look for a thread that covers this to no avail.

I updated my MacBookPro OS to 10.9 last night and I am using CheckBook Pro Version 2.5.4. I have not recently tried to click on the "Account Summary" button along the bottom for any account, so I can't speak to if this feature was working prior to the OS upgrade. Sorry. The button screens "Entry" and "Reconcile" work fine.

I have 10 accounts in the right hand navigation screen, and for all of them I just get a spinning icon and "Building account Summary" message no matter how long I leave it for or if I have a preset or custom account summary highlighted in the lefthand selection bar. The entry count and deposits/debits in the lower left had bar appear to summarize my entire hold history, not just the account highlighted.

I want to summarize two accounts (a checking and a savings account) for my accountant from August 15 2012- August 15 2013.

Am I doing something obvious wrong? Is there an OS/application communication problem? I pretty certain I have the most current CheckBook Pro version. With coaching from my husband, I have gone to the application support folder under ~/Library to see if there was a preferences issue with the new OS, but there does not appear to be a folder with preferences to address.

Any help with be very welcome. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:28 am 
Administrator
Administrator

You're not doing anything wrong. The issue you’re seeing with CheckBook Pro is due to the version you have. It's something that has been brought to our attention and will be fixed with the next update.

Basically, just the CheckBook Pro update submission that got loaded for the Mac App Store still contained a piece of iffy code related to Summaries. That had gotten fixed but there was just a mistake made on our part such that previously compiled application files got sent to Apple. We resubmitted the update files with the fix you need to Apple and so keep an eye out for the next version to show there. As soon as the next update is installed, everything will work just as expected to.

If you need to generate some Summaries now, you could download the version from our website—that version doesn’t have the issue you’re seeing and will accept your App Store licensing. Here’s the link for where to get that: http://www.splasm.com/checkbookpro/update.html

CheckBook Pro 2.5.4 at our site could even be installed alongside your App Store copy. In doing this, you could just use that version until the App Store update shows up and then remove it.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:50 pm 

I have the exact problem and the same version of CheckBook Pro (just downloaded last night at the App store), but I have the Mac OS X version 10.7.5. Will the next update fix it as well? Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:55 am 

I am having the same problem with summary. Have 10.9 and the latest app store version. If I download from splash site what serial # do I use? Any idea when app store version will be updated?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

New, the Summary issue will be the same as described no matter the operating system being used. Basically, it's just that CheckBook Pro version 2.5.4 at the App Store still has that iffy bit of code in there. CheckBook Pro 2.5.5 is on it's way for everyone out there and that'll fix things for you for sure.

vanman809, a copy from our site shouldn't require a serial number so long as your App Store license is in place—we've engineered the version we have online to accept the Mac App Store license. The App Store license is anything you have to look for, though. Rather, if you've had the App Store version installed, it's there whether or not the application itself is removed. As for the update that fixes things, we pushed for an expedited review with Apple so that should be out really soon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:04 pm 

Wonderful. Now I can’t create account summaries because you screwed the pooch with a version management issue... and we’re stuck until you get a new version to Apple and get them to approve it...

I am honestly not sure why I am still here...

I am now at the place where the pain of changing programs is becoming less than the pain of staying with Checkbook "Pro"...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

You're right, we messed up. However, you can get right back to generating Summaries if you install the version from our site. Here's that link again: http://www.splasm.com/checkbookpro/update.html

The version that comes from us will still honor the App Store license that's already on your Mac. Also, even if your document's in iCloud it'll be brought up automatically. When the update hits the App Store, you'll still be able to get it like normal from the App Store's Updates section.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:01 am 

I downloaded the version from your website the same day you posted. Your directions regarding downloading were great, easy to follow, and it recognized my App store license. I really appreciate how quickly you gave me an answer and I appreciate your company's honesty in this circumstance. Many other companies won't admit to bugs, or mislead customers to hide the fact they know about a bug.

Thanks again.