Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:14 pm 

I'm not sure I have this figured right but for me, auto-complete on 'Descriptions' (AC-D) seems to be not working.

I got fed up with AC-D constantly selecting a description that was last used ages ago and opted to change it to use the last 10 only. Despite this, it STILL auto-inserts a description that was last used maybe 40 entries before??

I travel a lot and use different banks to withdraw cash in different countries and use the description field to denote bank, location and ATM ref no.

So for example, the first time I use a certain bank I enter 'XYZ Bank - Some City'. My most recent trip, the country also has an XYZ Bank so is entered 'XYZ Bank: Another City'. Now, despite the last 10+ entries being for the latter, it still auto-completes the first (XYZ Bank - Some City). Not only is that description not in the last 10 descriptions being used it is also not within the last 10 times that bank description has appeared.

So where is it pulling that 'AC-D' data from and why, given that it has been limited to look in last 10??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:36 am 
Administrator
Administrator

For Description auto-completion, it's the last 10 (or whatever amount's selected) unique items that are maintained. So, you need to use 10 completely new items to bump an older one from the list. To see what's maintained in your list, click the small arrow to the right of the Description field on an Entry sheet.

Also, it's important to note that Descriptions lists are maintained independently for each individual account so be sure the 'Last 10 Entered Descriptions' option is selected for the Account you're currently dealing with as well as for all other accounts while you're at it.

If things continue to not work as expected to, be sure you're using the latest version (2.5.3) and, if not, update to see if that helps out.

http://www.splasm.com