Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:09 pm 

Hi,

I've upgraded from basic CheckBook and found that CheckBook Pro 2.0 has added a useful new feature - I can now re-order the list of accounts in the right-hand drawer.

However, I tried to drag one account right to the top of the list, and I guess I must have dragged it a fraction too far because now it's vanished! Just like that. I find it hard to believe that the account has been entirely deleted - but it's no longer on the list, nor do any of its entries appear in the 'All Accounts' view, nor is it present on the Accounts > Switch To menu.

Have I really deleted the account just by dragging it a tiny bit too far? If so, can I recover it?

Thanks
Toby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:56 pm 

randywombat wrote:
I tried to drag one account right to the top of the list, and I guess I must have dragged it a fraction too far because now it's vanished!

That's amazing - I was just about to post saying exactly the same thing! I tried to drag my main current account to the top of the list and lost it. I assumed it was just me being particularly clumsy, but it looks like it could be easy too do, and hence dangerous.

I had to restore my accounts from a back up which was a couple of days old and lost a few entries. You can find the procedure here:

http://www.splasm.com/checkbookpro/support.html#13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:41 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for bringing our attention to this. We were able to duplicate the behavior and are working on a fix. It seems to only happen if 'All Accounts' has a smart folder, and it allows you to drop the account into the 'All Accounts' section. It doesn't seem to happen every time either, which may be why none of our beta testers found this bug. We will try to get a fix out Asap.

In the meantime, if this happens to you, you can force quit CheckBook Pro which should revert the accounts to the last time you normally quit CheckBook Pro. You can also restore a backup account as outlined by the Faq: http://www.splasm.com/checkbookpro/support.html#13