Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Deleting Descriptions?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:35 pm 

Is there a way to delete a description? I use them sometimes to record a to - from date for service such as Electric. If I continue at my present rate I'll have a whole list of "Service to 07 05 05, Service to 08 06 05, etc.

I have not found a way to delete any of the entries in the list.

Using OS X 10.5.1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:41 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

You can do this in your Account's Options, available by selecting the Edit Account... menu item under the Account menu. There you'll find tabs dedicated to Descriptions and To/From Items, with a few different ways to manage these, including an area to set up your own list of frequently used items.

https://www.splasm.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:19 pm 

I have been gone for a couple of weeks which is why I'm so late in replying. What you suggest I am either not understanding or something is not working correctly. I brought up the edit menu from the Account menu and clicked the tab listed as Descriptions.That has only three entries - Debit, Credit, Transfers - which are all grayed out. In other words I do not find the multiple entries that I find when adding an entry to checkbook. When I add an entry I get a drop down menu with all my previous entries in the description field and I can choose from them. However, I haven't figured out any way to delete them while doing an entry.

The way you describe above works for deleting types but doesn't seem to work for descriptions.

I hope this makes sense.

Using OS X 10.5.1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

When you select the option to "Use The Following Descriptions:" you're telling CheckBook you want to use only the Descriptions that you define in the list below that option. What you see before you define any Descriptions is a group of three "primary" sections (Debits, Deposits and Transfer) to add your Descriptions to. The Descriptions for each of these are kept separately from the others. Select one of the three to tell CheckBook where you would like the next new Description to be applicable and the Add button below the list will light up so you can add a new Description.

CheckBook 1.5.2 will have a button at the bottom right of the Descriptions, To/From items and Types lists that will allow you to populate the lists with some of your previously used items, as well as import the items from other Accounts.

https://www.splasm.com