Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: To/From categories
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:18 pm 

Help please!

I have, say, created an entry that debits an amount of money to "House maintenance" (in the To/From column). I actually want this category to be named House Maintenance" but when I change the entry it just goes back to the original when I click on ok.

Is there a workaround I'm missing?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

This is a bit "canned" but since we've already got it written out here...

To correct mis-entered Descriptions or To/From items:

1.  Turn off the "automatic" part of the AutoComplete feature, where CheckBook uses all or some of your previously-entered data to construct the list you're presented with during AutoCompletion.  To do this, select the "Edit Account..." option from the "Account" menu at the top of your screen, revealing the Account Options sheet.  Click on the Description or To/From tabs at the top of the sheet and you will see the controls where you can set your preferred AutoComplete behavior.  Just for now, select the third option:  "The Following...".  Press the OK button at the bottom right corner of the sheet.

2.  Locate and correct the mis-entered Descriptions or To/From items.  It's probably easiest to use the Filter/Search field at the top right corner of the CheckBook window to see a list of only the Entries that contain the mis-entered data.  It may be easier still to limit the search by selecting the Description or To/From Filter.  Just click on the little magnifying glass button to the immediate left of the Filter/Search field to see a list of Filters, then select "Description..." or "To/From...".  Then, type in the first few letters of the mis-entered Description or To/From.  A list of Entries with the mis-entered data will appear.  Change each Entry so that its Description or Type is correct.  

3.  Re-enable the automatic AutoComplete.  Return to the Account Options sheet by selecting "Edit Account..." from the "Account" menu, select the Descriptions or To/From tab and re-select the previously-selected AutoComplete behavior.

https://www.splasm.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:49 pm 

Many thanks for your help. This is a nice app.