Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:04 pm 

I use the Scheduled Entries. Just now I launched Checkbook and some scheduled entries came up and I committed to them. But one scheduled entry was omitted. The items I was prompted to commit to had dates both before and after the date of the omitted item.

I've quit and relaunched, clicked every button I can think of, and scoured the Help... but I can't figure out how to make this item with yesterday's date go from the Scheduled view into the Entry view.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try?

Thanks,

Jessi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:16 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Can we clarify two points?

By "omitted" do you mean that CheckBook itself forgot to include a single instance of a Scheduled Entry that should have been in the Schedule Reminder for you to commit?

By "item with yesterday's date go from the Scheduled view in the Entry view" do you mean to say that a Schedule appears in the Schedule tab that indicates its Next Entry Date is yesterday but the Scheduled button in the toolbar is disabled so you can't get to the Schedule Reminder to commit the Entry?

https://www.splasm.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:34 pm 

Yes and yes, exactly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

As with many things unexpected, "that's strange" jumps to mind.

The most likely conclusion is there's a hole in the logic that creates the list of Scheduled Entries to commit vs. the logic that determines the Next Entry Date for each Schedule. The easiest way to troubleshoot that is for us to have the details of that particular Schedule. Can you send screenshots of its Debit & Schedule tabs so we can duplicate the issue here?

Here's how to create screenshots of a specific window:

1. Hold down the Apple key and the Shift key with one hand.
2. Press the 4 key above the letters on your keyboard. A crosshairs will appear in place of your mouse pointer.
3. Press the spacebar once. The crosshairs will change to a camera.
4. Move the camera over the window you would like to create a picture of. The window will become highlighted, indicating the screenshot will be of that window only.
5. Click your mouse button once. The camera will disappear, replaced by the regular mouse pointer.
6. Look on your Desktop. You will find a file named "Picture XX", where the "XX" is a number from 1 to the number of screenshots currently on your Desktop. If you've never done this before it should be named "Picture 1".

Please use these instructions to take a picture of the Debit & Schedule tabs for the Schedule in question and send the results to support@splasm.com. We'll use the same settings to set up a Schedule here, duplicate the issue and let you know our findings. Thanks!

https://www.splasm.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:37 pm 

I'm sending you the screenshots. Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:23 pm 

Keith figured it out! This will be fixed in a future release. It only affects scheduled items where you select the option to use the preceding Friday if the date falls on a weekend.

Awesome support, Keith! I wish all software developers were so amazingly responsive! And I really love CheckBook. I never could balance my checkbook before finding CB. Now it's a pleasure!