Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:52 am 

Hello,

It is now common in the UK when purchasing at stores to have Cash Back (saves me going to the hole in the wall). To-day I did just that.

Groceries £16.13

Cash Back £50.00

Total on Receipt £66.13

In CeckBook I made a debit and entered the total of £66.13 and then entered the above for the spit, Groceries and Cash Back.

Now when I set up a new summary to show splits with details, the report
just shows

Date Split Bank Debit Card -£66.13

Groceries and cash back (from Description Col)

I would like to see this however

Date Split Bank Debit Card -£66.13

Groceries and cash back (from Description Col)

Groceries £16.13
Cash Back £50.00

The split capibility is really useful but one needs to see it in the summary to get the full benefit of it.

I am assuming that because I haven't been able to produce the desired summary for splits, that this isn't possible, or have I done something wrong.

Regards,

hardcat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:15 am 

I don't bother separating the food from the cash. It's all just one withdrawal, and I show it as <name of establishment><groceries and booze><ATM>

Separating the two would mess ME up, because the debit showing on the bank's side would be only one number - the total.

To me, this is the same as writing a check to someone to cover two purchases. It's still just one check.

Do you break up your payment to your credit card companies by individual purchases, or just onter the amount of the one payment?

Perhaps this would be a good feature to add, but for me it wouldn't do much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:29 am 

Hi,

thanks for your input:

Do you break up your payment to your credit card companies by individual purchases, or just onter the amount of the one payment?

Well I agree with you on that point, no I don't break down credit cards or any other type of debit.

But with Cash Back I would like to know that I have given myself pocket money!

If not, a grocery bill with cashback will look over inflated and I have lost track of in some cases of large sums of money I have put in my pocket.

The split function is a great tool and it is there, so I'd like to use it and see the results in a summary.

Thanks again,

hardcat[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:30 pm 

I can certainly see your point. I don't use "splits" but yes, if you're going to allow them, then SHOW them. A dropdown list of the items in the split with the last item carrying across to the entry column would be nice for some. You really need to limit the amount column to the total debit or credit. The list would only display if "split" was selected, so it wouldn't be a big deal (no, I don't program) but rather just a sub-routine.

More often, you may easily have one DEPOSIT of several checks (Happy Birthday!) and want to enumerate the individual contributions to your well-being! And NO, I haven't looked to see how split credits are handled.

All things considered, this is still an awesome program for the money, and I'm stuck on it (with a few reservations).