Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Some feature requests
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:39 pm 

1. Problems with editing track names

When importing, I often get mismatching CDDB data between discs of the same book. For example, disc 1 tracks will use this format: "chapter 1 - A" , while disc 2 tracks may use this format: "02 A".

Fixing the titles on the tracks is laborious. If I fix them in iTunes, I need to eject the disc and reinsert to get the track names to update in audiobook builder. If I fix them after import, it is one at a time.

Idea 1: give the ability overwrite the itunes track names on import with a simple format like "02 A"
Idea 2: give the ability to bulk edit track names after they have been imported

2. Splitting the book into parts

Please make it split at the end of a track or when there is some prolonged silence. I'm getting a lot of cut off sentences at the part splits.

3. Autosave

Why do I have to manually save? I have thought about the workflows with this tool, and I don't have a use case where I wouldn't want to save anything that I just did.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Bill,

1: We will have to look into more options for editing Track and chapter names.

2: Audiobook Builder has the options of splitting parts at files, chapters, per chapter, or equal length. the only time words should be getting cut off is if the original track cuts off audio, or you pick equal length parts. Equal length parts will split audio where it needs to be split to create those equal parts. One other case where an audio file would be split arbitrarily is if the audio file is longer than your part length. Audiobook Builder will then have to split the audio where it needs to.

3: you can find the autosave settings in Audiobook Builder's preferences. Some users use project files as templates, and save the project as a generic layout without saving imports or changes when doing small frequent builds.