Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:46 pm 

I recently switched to mac and bought ABB to replace Markable (from iPodsoft) a similar Windows based product. I loved Markable and I'm thrilled to have found ABB. This product has several features that Markable did not but is missing a couple of favorites. Here's a brief wish list:

1) Auto Rip mode - I liked Markable's CD Wizard, once answering a few questions you basically fed CDs to the computer. Very few additional clicks necessary. In ABB, I would love, love, love the ability to select an auto import mode, indicate the number of CDs, then have ABB eject the CD tray, let me insert the CD and press the eject button on my keyboard, then have ABB recognize a CD is in the tray, automatically rip then eject the CD and wait for the next one. Wow, would that be awesome and quick.

2) Select file size - with Markable, I could choose the number of files to be combined into one file. I usually combined only five or six CDs into one file so that I didn't need to have the entire file on the iPod. Also, I often encounter iPod problems if the file was too large / long (?). I haven't figured out how to do this yet in ABB.

3) Disable iTunes window switching when importing. I find it a pain to pop in a CD, click Import, then switch to another app to do some work only to iTunes recognize a disc in the tray and then pop up over my other app. My current solution is to use two monitors and move ABB and iTunes to a different monitor. It would be nice if iTunes ran in the background during the import.

Those are my three big ones. I noticed many other great ideas in other messages.

This may be unpopular but I think this program is a steal. I borrow probably 50 audio books from my local library a year. This program (and Markable before) saves me tons of time. I would gladly "rebuy" at $10 or $15 a year if significant features were added. In fact, this is one program where I would willingly donate for upgrades if the upgrades were free.

Thanks for listening!