Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:19 pm 

Absolutely a GREAT PROGRAM.... your upgrades have added more features each time they are released....
Your price is TOO LOW for such a great program....

The great thing about both the program and the app is that THEY WORK all the time!!

I have turned on a number of friends to audiobook builder... they love it.

Some questions/suggestions:

I have so many audiobooks that they are making my i tunes library way too big... is there a way I can set up a different library just for audio books? Is there any way that audiobooks could be set to go to the audiobook library after processing?
Having to manually change libraries from Itunes is a pain....

Is there any way I could put all my audiobooks on a cloud (icloud or dropbox) and be able to stream them to listen on my iphone/ipad device?

Why not do a windows version? They have a much larger share of the market. While I think that people who still suffer with windows are stupid.... you would sell a lot more copies of the program

thanks again

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for all of your support!

At this time, there's no way to set up a completely separate iTunes Library, but that's more a limitation of iTunes. Audiobooks will just get put into the Books section of the Library, which is works for keeping things separate from Music and all other sections. Just to clarify, how would the new Library you're envisioning function differently from a Books section contained in the main iTunes Library?

As for storing Audiobooks using a cloud-based service, that's certainly possible, but we don't know of anything that will allow for streaming straight from the cloud. There may be something out there, but really anything that works for any other Audiobooks should work for items created with Audiobook Builder.

Lastly, we have no plans to get into programming applications for Windows. We're just stuck on Apple's way of doing things...

http://www.splasm.com