Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:41 pm 

First off, I recognize this is not really an ABB problem, but I need advice from wiser and more knowledgeable heads.

And any advice will be taken on an if-it-breaks-you-get-to-keep-both-pieces basis.

I love my 2016 Toyota Avalon. BUT it's Entune system does not recognize chapters in audiobooks. Odd, since it's perfectly happy talking to a "classic" iPod, and controlling the iPod from the console, but anyway.... I should add that it does recognize playlists.

I have audiobooks built from various talks given over time. So originally a bunch of mp3 files, gathered together with ABB into a few audiobooks. (I didn't keep all the original mp3 files.)

I would like to take some of these audiobooks and break them back out by chapter (i.e. separate audiobook files). I can then recreate the audiobook as a playlist of "books" (that is, chapters). I plan on naming the chapters Book_Chapter_n_chaptertitle and so forth.

I have Fission, as well as other software that will split audio files. My question is whether there is any way to preserve chapter information and/or more easily split by chapter.

Can someone suggest a workflow to get from an audiobook (with chapters, built from individual recordings) to a set of audiobooks, one per chapter?