Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:24 pm 

Hi,

I downloaded the trial to try out and am having some problems setting up chapters.

I have an audiobook that is already in mp3 format, with each chapter represented by a separate mp3. When I import these, each mp3 seems to be represented by separate chapters in Audiobook Builder and when I see the summary, I can see 3 chapters (there are more but I guess this is a limitation of the trial software) and 1 part (not sure what a 'part' is.)

The file converts correctly and I get an m4b file produced and loaded in iTunes. However this file seems to have no chapters. I cannot skip through this 20 minute file - instead it acts like a single 20 minute long file.

Can anyone advise what I may be doing wrong. I would like to maintain my current chapters (i.e. each mp3 as it's own chapter I can skip to) but have it in my audio books section of itunes so it will remember where I am.

Thanks

Darius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:49 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Darius,

If your first Chapter is under 20 minutes long, you should see at least 2 chapters in iTunes. While playing the file, look to the menu bar at the top. You should see a Chapters menu, where you can select the chapter you want to skip to. You can also use the Key combo: Command, Shift, and the left or right arrow to navigate through the Chapters of an Audiobook.

Let us know if this helps.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:31 am 

I have the same problem.
I add a lot of mp3 files from one book, and when I create the audiobook in itunes is a single part!! no chapters.
Is there any way to be able to have all the chapters?
Thanks!!
Info:
iTunes 8.11 (10)
Audio Book Builder 1.0.11

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:43 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Audiobook Builder will merge your files into a single file if it is below your set part length in Audiobook Builder's preferences. You can find the actual chapters listed under the chapter menu at the top of the screen while playing your audiobook in itunes. From that menu you can move from chapter to chapter, or use the key combo of shift, command and the left and right arrow keys to skip forward and backward.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:59 pm 

Randy K. wrote:
Audiobook Builder will merge your files into a single file if it is below your set part length in Audiobook Builder's preferences. You can find the actual chapters listed under the chapter menu at the top of the screen while playing your audiobook in itunes. From that menu you can move from chapter to chapter, or use the key combo of shift, command and the left and right arrow keys to skip forward and backward.

Thanks for your quick reply.
Is there a way to keep the .mp3 structure in itunes? I mean each mp3 is normally a chapter, so keep it similar.
I know I can see the chapters in the audiobook menu but not in itunes, and it is itunes that I use to listen to them.
Thanks again!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

The Chapters menu I am referring to is actually in iTunes, and not in Audiobook Builder. Look for it at the top of your screen while playing your Audiobook in iTunes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:51 am 

Randy K. wrote:
The Chapters menu I am referring to is actually in iTunes, and not in Audiobook Builder. Look for it at the top of your screen while playing your Audiobook in iTunes.

I see! Not obvious...
Thanks!
No way to list the chapters?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:48 am 
Administrator
Administrator

The chapters menu item is the only place i know of in iTunes where it lists chapters. The iPod touch and iPhone both have a button that lists the chapters in the upper right hand corner. You may want to submit some of your Audiobook specific feature requests for iTunes to Apple via iTunes feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:43 am 

I'm having a problem similar to the ones listed above in this thread, so I'd like to add my $0.02.

I've been using Audiobook Builder for more than 2 years now and have built close to 100 books from audio CD's. I have a good understanding of how to organize the files into chapters in the ABB chapter view and have them show up in the Chapters menu in iTunes and on my iPod. No problems there.

Last month I got my first book on mp3 and it's not working the same. I used the "Add Files" import method instead of "Import CD" and then organized the files into chapters using ABB. They show up fine in the ABB chapter view (and the Audiobook.plist file), but when I build the audiobook into iTunes it doesn't include the chapter info. When I play the file in iTunes it doesn't show the Chapters menu and the chapter list doesn't show up on my iPod. I've tried building the book under ABB 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 with same behavior.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:50 am 

sturgis wrote:
Randy K. wrote:

I see! Not obvious...
Thanks!
No way to list the chapters?

Yeah your right no way to list the chapter?hypnosis training course