Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:40 pm 

:? I'm on Leopard 10.5.4 - using iTunes 7.7.1- Audiobook Builder 1.0.10 (paid version)

I have an audiobook that is a total of 5 mp3's within my itunes music library.

•I opened Audiobook Builder.
•On the first pane, called "cover", I entered the title and the author. At this time, I also dragged in the cover artwork
•On the next pane, called "chapters", I chose "+ add itunes" and selected the 5 mp3s that collectively create my full audiobook.
•On the next pane, called "finish", I clicked "Build Audiobook"

I now have one single file of this book in the audiobooks section of my library and it is 5 hours long. I had hoped to have my individual chapters separated and listed in the audiobooks section of my iTunes library.

Short of doing each chapter individually, is there a way to keep the chapters separated?

I'm sure I am overlooking something. Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks. :?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:47 am 

Well you can get them individually, by simply making an audiobook for each chapter file.
Which is effectively as much as converting the mp3s to AAC (and change the extension to .m4b so that it is bookmarkable)
But I wouldn't advice that, its very impractical, and defeats the purpose, because the chapters wont be linked to each other (aside from any Tags you might add)

If you create chapters in the Chapter section and then build the audiobook you will get a new menubar item when you play the file called 'Chapters' in this you can select the chapter you want to play. (on your iPod the chapters will appear as small lines in the progress bar)

Currently you can only make chapters in the Chapter section by grouping individual files. So if those 5 files that you have are each one chapter, that is fine, but if the chapter breaks are somewhere within those files then it will be more difficult, well impossible to do in ABB, and you will have to split the mp3s in quicktime or something like that.
(A future version of ABB will include support for making chapters breaks inside the files.)

I hope that helps/clears things up a bit.