Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:39 am 

I'm on a Mac using Leopard 10.5.2 and Audio Book 1.0.8
One of my CD's hung up so I ahd to Force quit Audio Book. And when I open an existing project, it show no chapters or the cover art or title and author. It looks lit it wants me to start over from the biginning.
jbechdel@comcast.net

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:36 pm 

Welcome to MY WORLD! I've been beating on this issue (politely, I hope) for over a year.
You are totally out of luck if you get hung up for any reason and have not manually SAVED at some point(s). You will lose everything (including art), and will have to start over.
I feel for you. I try to at least remember to manually Save after ever couple of CD's. But I still get "caught" (it happened just a couple of days ago). It's maddening, because it seems like there should be a simple solution. Plus, by having to save manually, it RE-saves the CD's you've saved to that point, which can make it take a bit of time to save a large number of CD's. Programmed correctly, it could auto-save (either as a feature or as an option for those who don't want to bother...) incrementally, so it wouldn't take so long.
At least now I know I'm not alone with this issue. Maybe if more people speak up we'll be heard. Otherwise, ABB is a great program that I could not do without! And even without an Auto-Save function, I would never give it up....what was it Charlton Heston said? "They'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands!" :D

I also highly recommend Delicious Library, for keeping track of your audiobooks. It's very cool and Mac-like in design.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:10 pm 

James - be sure to check my post under Feedback & Suggestions. 153957 Photography explained that under Leopard, XCode is not needed to access and save/duplicate processed CD files in the event you have to Force Quit.
Control-Click the "Project" icon and select Show Package Contents from the Drop-Down Menu. From there you can easily navigate into Files and retrieve the processed CD files (to then, I would think, duplicate the unsaved files and stash them elsewhere temporarily and returned later?) and then go ahead and Force Quit.
Not as clean or "Mac-like" as an Auto-Save option, but it certainly does save a lot of time and duplication of efforts.
Thanks again, 153957!!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:13 am 

FYI - A little bird just told me that Auto Save has been added to the newest version of ABB!!