Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:57 am 

I've recently purchased Audio Builder. There are two things I'm not quite sure about.
1. I selected a folder I created myself when I built my first audiobook. Audio builder saves the file in that folder, but it also shows in the iTunes folder Audiobooks. When I delete the files from the folder I created, they also disappear from the Audiobooks folder. Are these files just references to the actual file? I created a new folder as I didn't know how Audiobook Builder would save the files, but I'd be happy saving these files to the Audiobook folder as long as they are in a separate folder. I'd appreciate if somebody could explain the basics of this.

2. Another issue I'm having is with the Title. My audio book comprises 6 CDs, which I import and save as 6 files. The file name in iTunes shows the title of the audiobook though rather than what it shows in the chapter details.
I thought the entries on the cover page where the general entries that show next to the CD cover and the details on the chapter page would show as the actual file name and in the iTunes column 'Name'. I've played around with it, but end up changing the file name in iTunes. Maybe somebody could enlighten me here as well. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Typically, when files are added to iTunes, those files get copied into the iTunes Media Folder. This behavior can be changed from the Advanced section of the iTunes Preferences, but, whatever the case, everything gets organized within the iTunes Media Folder based on whatever section of the Library that file type belongs. If you want the Audiobook files you build to only appear in one place, perhaps you could either save straight to the iTunes Media Folder from Audiobook Builder or uncheck the box beside where it says 'Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library'. It's all up to you.

As for the Title thing, iTunes does indeed show the main name for the Audiobook Part/file being played, but the Chapter name that you're on can be found listed under the Chapters menu. So, if you've got something playing, look to the top of the screen and you'll see where it says 'Chapters' between the Window and Help menu items. Clicking there can be a good start for navigating through the various Chapters that were set with Audiobook Builder.

If you want to see all the Chapters listed right out in the open in the Books section, try building your Books with a Part per Chapter. For that, click into the Finish section for your Project, hit the Build Options button, and use the menu button labeled 'Part Style' to select 'Per Chapter'. Then, rebuild the Audiobook.

http://www.splasm.com