Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:57 am 

I've been working with the product for awhile and cannot achieve my end goal: a single file on my iphone with multiple chapters where I can click forward/previous on the chapters like the other audiobooks on my iphone. The closest I come is to import my cd with 4 chapters - 1st chapter is 5 minutes, 2nd 23 mins, 3rd 23 mins, and 4th is 4 mins - as individual files that display on the iphone as Part 1 of 4, Part 2 of 4, etc. The example on your website "Land of the Behemoth" has 16 chapters but 1 part. That is what I am trying to achieve but I get 4 parts which is not what I want. I have been going through the forums and see issues with chapters but not this specific issue. Is there something I am missing? I am at my wits end. Would you please offer some assistance? Thank you so much for your assistance.

ABB 1.5.3
Mac OS X 10.7.4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:38 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

It sounds like you might be using the 'Per Chapter' Part Style setting under the Build Options. Perhaps try using one of the other options, accessible by clicking the Build Options button in the Finish section, and then drag the Target Length slider all the way to the right. This should get you an Audiobook that's a single Part/file with the Chapter breaks how they're set up in the Chapter section.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:16 pm 

:D Thank you Allan for your response. I did change the Part Style setting to 'Break Between Chapters'. To get what I needed, I imported the CD with 'Individual Files' selected. Once the import was complete, I needed to 'Split' the file. This was the only way to get the program to recognize the number of Chapters. Finally, during the Build process, I selected 'Break Between Chapters' for Part Style.

Audiobook Builder is a great product with a lot of power. I would like to take advantage of it. I would like to understand in more detail what the implications are using Join, Split, Break Between Chapters vs Per Chapters. I have gone through the ABB help file but did not get that kind of information. Is there another place I can get that kind of detailed information? Thank you again for your assistance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Really all there is to it is that the Join button combines selected items in the Chapter section into one Chapter, while the Split button breaks anything Joined back into its separate pieces. Basically, what you see is what you get with the Chapters section—any item with a wine-colored bookmark symbol beside it will be a single Chapter in the final Audiobook and Chapters can be made up of one file or many.

For the Part styles settings, those just let the application know where you want part/file splits to fall for the final Audiobook, if any. With Break between Chapters, should multiple Parts need to be created, the part break will fall at the end of a Chapter just before the start of the next Chapter, making the part as close to the Target Length set without cutting apart one of the Chapters. For the Per Chapter option, every single Chapter setup in the Chapters section will be an individual part.

I hope this helps!

http://www.splasm.com