Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:31 pm 

I created a audiobook out of MP3 files which were copied from an MP3 CDR on to my hard-drive. The files play fine as copied in either iTunes or in preview via the finder, but when I made an audiobook using this program, there is no sound. It just skips ahead to the next file. I aqm using the version which ewas just listed on version tracker and I bought the program (5 license version) without having tried it. So far, not impressed with the results. The build process took a long time and the endresult was a no go. I chose the highest quality settings, everything else was at the default settings. I did this on a 20" iMac 2 GHz core duo with 2 gigs of ram using 10.4.9 The audio book ended up at around 5 and a half hours. I will try a shorter version so I don't have to wait so long to see the results, but surley this program does work, so what am I doing wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:41 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think we can provide an explanation yet. The issue could be caused by either Audiobook Builder or QuickTime mishandling some part of the process, or there might be something specific to the source MP3 files that Audiobook Builder is not prepared for. It would be ideal if we could get a copy of the misbehaving Project here so we could test it and determine exactly why things are working properly. The easiest way to get the file here would be to send it directly via an iChat file transfer or to use a third-party file transfer service, such as http://fileho.com. Would you be willing to try one of these methods to get the Project here?

https://www.splasm.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:45 pm 

keithg wrote:
I don't think we can provide an explanation yet. The issue could be caused by either Audiobook Builder or QuickTime mishandling some part of the process, or there might be something specific to the source MP3 files that Audiobook Builder is not prepared for. It would be ideal if we could get a copy of the misbehaving Project here so we could test it and determine exactly why things are working properly. The easiest way to get the file here would be to send it directly via an iChat file transfer or to use a third-party file transfer service, such as http://fileho.com. Would you be willing to try one of these methods to get the Project here?

I tried building an audiobook with about of the chapters and they played normally and I then added chapters incrementally and these builds worked also. I then tried building the whole thing again with all of the same settings and all of the same source files as my first ill fated attempt and this time it worked... So it appears to be working okay now. I will try some other projects when I get a chance and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.