Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:47 am 

Hello, I recently purchased AudioBook Builder, and let me say it's a GREAT piece of software! Thanks a lot!

I've imported a few audiobooks successfully so far, but the last one didn't import the way I would have liked.

Of the ones that imported okay, all had their names and chapter info successfully looked up online by itunes.

This last one couldn't be looked up online. So I have a number of "Audio CD"s listed, each with generically named audio tracks. When I finish & create the audio book, I only have one chapter per CD.

I would much prefer to have one chapter per CD TRACK, not the entire CD. I don't really care how the tracks are named, as long as they have unique names and preferably sequential numbers. i.e. track0001, track0002, ... track0128 -- although I would prefer something like cd01-t01, cd02-t02, ... cd11-t15.

What is the easiest way to rebuild this book in this way? Do I have to re-import all the CD's again, or can I rebuild from this saved project?

Thanks in advance!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

You can create a chapter for each track on the CD as long as your import setting was individual files and not single file. Just click on the Cd's chapter, and then click the split button. This will split the CD chapter into a chapter for each track. You can then name those chapters what you like.

unfortunately, we do not have an auto naming or numbering system in place. We do not know how many CDs are going in or in what order they are suppose to be, so we can't insert unique track numbers on the fly.

We do have a requested feature of an auto numbering feature so ill mark a +1 to it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:17 pm 

Yes, I saw the split option, but I don't want to manually rename 150+ chapters.

Unless you know why this won't work, I'm going write a bash script to rename the track files sequentially and then import them into a new project. That should do what I want with minimal time/effort (after the script is written).

If anyone else is interested, I can post the script.

Thanks for the +1 on the feature request.