Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Where's my book?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:56 pm 

I imported my first book without changing any settings. I understand that the book is supposed to be found in the music folder and that it should make a new playlist. I can't find the book anywhere, except in the my documents folder. Where is my book?

Post subject: Re: Where's my book?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:11 am 
Administrator
Administrator

When adding to iTunes, Audiobook Builder should place your books in the 'Books' section of your library, and not the music section. There should also be an 'Audiobook Builder' playlist that shows up that also has your newly built books.

There is some cases where if iTunes is not in a state to receive files to add to the library (such as an open iTunes user license agreement window or other window that prevents iTunes from functioning in the background), adding to iTunes can time out and fail. In this case, you will want to look for the file your iTunes Music folder in a folder called 'Audiobook Builder'. When you find it, you can drag and drop the book onto iTunes to add it manually.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:06 pm 

I cannot find the audiobook builder folder in my music library. Do I need to add it? I have 2 audiobook projects files, and two copies of the application. Which files do I add to Itunes and where do I place them? If I uninstall and reinstall the application would that fix the problem?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:29 am 
Administrator
Administrator

There is one other issue we recently uncovered. Does your audiobook have more than 127 parts? If so, Audiobook Builder is having trouble building books and retrieving how many parts the book contains if it has more than 127 parts. We hadn't originally designed Audiobook Builder to have more than a few dozen parts so this issue cropped up once we added the 'Per Chapter' option and had the ability to surpass hundreds of parts.

We are working on a fix as we speak for this problem and will have a beta build available soon for those this issue affects.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:52 am 

yes it has alot of parts, 8 cd's with 99 parts per cd. I have several books that were recorded like this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Well, one thing we should make clear is that it only is an issue with parts, and not with total audio files or Chapters.

One quick check is to go to your Finish Tab and look at the 'Parts:' and see how many it lists there. If it is over 127, it will not build properly until we issue the fix.

There are several ways to build an audiobook without using a large amount of parts. The first would be to change the Part style popup menu under the build options button to 'Break Between Chapters'. This will create part files according to your target part length, and create new part files between chapter breaks when it reaches your target part length. This will greatly reduce the number of parts you have.

The other option you can use is to select several of your files that belong to an actual chapter, and join them using the 'Join' button in the Chapter tab. This will create a single chapter for those files and would help in organizing your chapters into more useful Chunks.

Let us know if this helps with your situation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:10 pm 

KatieVL wrote:
I cannot find the audiobook builder folder in my music library. Do I need to add it? I have 2 audiobook projects files, and two copies of the application. Which files do I add to Itunes and where do I place them? If I uninstall and reinstall the application would that fix the problem?

But to go back, I have one book that lists 9 chapters and the other one is almost 800 because there are 99 chapters/files per disc. Neither one shows up in Itunes.
what should I do to fix this? How can I get the one with 9 chapters into itunes?

My other book has one part and 792 chapters.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

If you go to the finish tab, Hit the build button there and wait for it to finish, at what point does it fail for you? Does it give you any error messages? Does it appear to finish and give you a window stating that it finished?

You can double check the save location by going to the preferences and check where it intends to save. You will also see a checkbox near the save location for Audiobook Builder to have it add to your iTunes library as well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:40 am 

Hello

Same problem here! I want to create an audiobook with 150 chapters (All 150 psalms from the Bible).There is no audiobook anywhere on my harddisk nor in iTunes. When I reopen the project there are only 89 chapters (Psalms) left in the list. The rest is gone. Hope you will fix that soon. Thank you.

Regards
Andreas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:54 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

If you haven't done so already, the best first step is to download the latest version of Audiobook Builder and try that. We are always resolving issues and fixing bugs, and there may be a chance that there was a change that could resolve your current issue.

If you are still having issues with the latest release, a helpful thing to do would be to duplicate the error, then create a system profiler report and send it to us. Heres how:

1. Get Audiobook Builder to fail again by trying to build your Project.

2. Open /Applications/Utilities/System Profiler.app.

3. Go to the File menu and select the Save option. Make sure you save the report to a place where you can find it, such as your Desktop.

4. Drag the saved report file to a reply to this message.

If Audiobook Builder is also crashing - that is, if you receive a message stating the application has crashed or unexpectedly quit - it would also be helpful for you to send your Audiobook Builder crash log. You can find this file at /Users/[your username here]/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Audiobook Builder.crash.log. Just drag that file to the same message you dragged the System Profiler report to.

Thanks everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:57 am 

Hello

There is no error message, no crash

Andreas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:15 am 

I tried to create two books out of my 150 psalms (1-75 and 76-150, Two projects) instead of one only. This doesn't work either.

I imported my MP3-tracks into the two projects.

When I reopen the project 76-150. At the last tab I have only 46 chapters and 46 parts. Quality is 64kps, stereo, 22.05 kHz.
When I reopen the project 1-75. At the last tab I have 43 chapters and 43 parts. In the chapter tab I miss psalm 77, 80, 82, 86, 87 and more.

No error messages. No crash.