Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Multiple chapters per CD
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:06 pm 

I am trying to import a collection of short stories each with it's own name from multiple CDs. Each CD has two or three stories, each story with multiple tracts. Each tract per story is named, for example title1 A, title1 B, etc. When I try to join tracts from the same story it seems that I can only join one story per CD. The remaining tracts cannot be joined. Nothing happens when I try the join command. Is there a way to join each short story as a single title, multiple stories for each CD, and include all of the titles under the name of the collection?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

A good way to achieve this would be to first split each imported Cd so each track in the CD is a chapter. You can then select the tracks that make up one short story, and use the Join button. This will combine those tracks into a single Chapter for that story. You can then name that chapter with the short story name.

After you have all of your short stories organized, you can decide how you want to organize them. If you want each short story to be contained in its own file, you can select 'Per Chapter' under the Part style menu, which is in the Build options on the finish tab.

If you don't mind your short stories being combined into a single file with the Chapter breaks being the markers for each story, you can choose 'Break Between Chapters' for your part style, and then set your Target Part length to your preference. Your Target Part Length will only be used if your target is shorter than the overall length of your book. If you set your target part length to 3 hours and your book is over 3 hours, Audiobook Builder will put as many chapters in the first part that will be under your 3 hour target, and then create a new file and start with the next chapter, and so on. The parts will be titled with the book title, and be appended with its Part number.

I hope this helps in organizing your project. Let us know if you have further questions!