Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:40 pm 

Well today was a day for new software. I've been running Snow Leopard on my iMac (Al 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) and my new MacBook Pro (2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, uni-body). iTunes 9 was released yesterday and I installed it today on both Macs.

This afternoon I needed to build some audiobooks from CDs. I normally do that on the iMac. When I started up ABB, I received the notification 1.1.2 was available. I installed it and fired it up. However, ABB died soon after I created a new project. It didn't run long enough for me to even enter the author's name. Existing projects would open, but ABB would quit after just a few seconds, even if I didn't do anything.

I rebooted the iMac, but the problem persisted. It remained even when I tried it from a new user account.

I figured it was probably iTunes 9. I mean this is only the second day it's been available. Out of curiosity, I installed ABB on my MBP. To my surprise, it worked even though it's running the same OS and iTunes! I built an audiobook with nary a glitch.

While I was building the book, I noticed an article saying OS X 10.6.1 was (already) available. I figured "what the heck" and installed it on the iMac. I was pleased to note when the machine rebooted ABB 1.1.2 worked once again. I'm building the second audiobook on it now. It's a big book, 27 CDs in all, so ABB will get quite a workout on this one.

FYI...iTunes 9 has a new feature called "Home Sharing." After turning it on it made moving the audiobook from my MBP over to my iMac a simple drag and drop operation. Cool stuff.

Thanks for AudioBook Builder. Today I had the not so fun experience of trying to import an audiobook into iTunes without it. What a pain!