Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:48 pm 

I'm loving Podner right now, and I registered it less than an hour ago. These are some thoughts from my initial experiences:

Having the ability to set certain criteria, like final file size, framerate, bitrate, etc. within the main window, rather than in the QuickTime "Custom settings" window would be nice. When using "Custom", I have to double check _everything_, while being able to set only specific criteria in the app window (kinda sorta like Handbrake) would be nice and make me think less.

Being able to save personalized presets would be sweet. Using the above mentioned in-window configuration inputs, of course :)

I see that there is a batch mode coming, so I won't bug you guys with that.

Having all of the options visible, but greyed out when there is no video file in the app may be better than the "Drag file here" window with nothing else. Totally a minor quibble. Don't take this seriously.

That's all I can think of right off the bat. Thanks for such a great (and fast!) application. It's one of the few programs I don't mind paying for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:52 pm 

I was reading another post on this forum about how "Custom" will allow you to create an out-of-spec video file. This is exactly why I was thinking of allowing the customization of the video specs in-app: to prevent out-of-spec video from being created (and thus eliminating a big time waster.) When inputting a custom bitrate, for example, a message could be displayed showing that an iPod needs such-and-such a lower bitrate.

Hope this makes sense to the developers. I'm not sure I am aware of what's going on. (No caffeine in me at the moment) ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:43 am 

Maybe the custom settings could be kept under an "Advanced" tab in the app, with the standard settings under a "Basic" tab. Just a thought, so as not to make the less-advanced user too overwhelmed with options from the start. Don't mind me, just thinking aloud (with my keyboard.)