CheckBook Pro 2.6.4
Fixed in 2.6.4
- Nixes a potential issue where CheckBook Pro might not save changes to an Account's Currency.
- Prevents a hang that can occur when CheckBook Pro automatically saves your work or when you close your document while another process tries to access it.
- Includes some minor user interface fixes and check printing tweaks.
2.6.x is likely the final line of updates to support Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard through OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Fixed in 2.6.3
- Corrects a tabbing issue in Schedule Entry sheets.
- Resolves a strange freeze that might occur when viewing split line items in a future Entry.
- Takes care of a potential crash when your document is stored on a removable drive or volume that is no longer available.
- Restores the ability to import Text or CSV, as well as export Text, CSV, and QIF on some earlier versions of OS X.
- Minor user interface enhancements.
Fixed in 2.6.2
- Prevents a crash that can affect OS X 10.10 Yosemite and macOS 10.11 El Capitan folks when they create a new document or switch documents with the File menu's Open Recent submenu.
- Clears up the potential for the Debit button to stop working when an Account is set to populate the To menu with all previously entered items.
- Fixes a situation where a password-protected Account's Entries might become visible before its password is entered.
- Minor user interface adjustments.
New in 2.6.1
- Includes some minor check printing enhancements, like placing asterisks before the check amount to help prevent unwanted charges.
Fixed in 2.6.1
- Prevents a crash that could happen when you create or view the details of a transfer.
- Takes care of a situation where the last selected Entry and some column layouts may not be remembered when you quit and reopen CheckBook Pro.
- Sorting Schedules by Next Entry Date makes sense again.
New in 2.6
- CheckBook is now 64-bit, so you'll be managing your finances with ease for years to come.
- Check printing on pre-printed check paper has arrived! Let CheckBook Pro save you some ink strokes and tell us what you think!
- Color your balances and totals with your Entry colors. Look for the new settings in CheckBook's preferences.
Fixed in 2.6
- Minor user interface fixes and enhancements
New in 2.5.15
- Drag & drop or copy & paste Entries and Schedules, whichever you prefer. You can even drag to or paste in applications like TextEdit, Numbers, and Excel.
Fixed in 2.5.15
- Properly remembers the way you’ve set up the columns in the Schedule section
- Prevents a crash that could happen when switching documents
- Updated application and document icons for better compatibility with macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Resolves a situation where some Account balances wouldn’t update right after Scheduled Entries were committed
- Corrects an issue where some fonts might condense so much that characters overlap. A lot. Cough. Geneva.
- Improved support for importing reconciled transactions
- A few user interface tweaks and performance enhancements
Get the update
Mac App Store users
Visit the Mac App Store, click the Purchased button at the top of the window, then click the Update or Install button next to CheckBook Pro. If CheckBook Pro doesn't appear in the list, go to the Store menu and be sure you're logged in with the same Apple ID used for your purchase.
Splasm Store users
- Quit CheckBook Pro.
- Click here to download the update.
- If your Mac opens downloads automatically, a window with three icons will appear when the download is complete.
- If the download finishes but a window with three icons doesn't appear, locate the download in the Finder, double-click it, and the window will appear.
- Drag the CheckBook Pro icon to the Applications icon. If you're asked if you'd like to replace a file, click the Replace button.
- Go to the File menu and click the Eject "CheckBook Pro 2.6.4" menu item. If the menu item is disabled, click the white space around the three icons so that nothing is highlighted, then go to the File menu and click the Eject menu item.
After the update
- The first time you launch the application, you may be asked to update or upgrade your document. Agree to the update and your document will be ready to work with the update.
- If you open the application and your data doesn't immediately appear, try going to the File menu, down to the Open Recent submenu, and clicking each document there until your data appears. If this doesn't cure all, don't panic just yet. There are several ways data can appear missing when it's really just hidden or in another document. We can help with that, so get in touch at email@example.com!