CheckBook Pro 2.5.15
New in 2.5.15
- Drag & drop or copy & paste Entries and Schedules, whichever you prefer. You can even drag to or paste in applications like TextEdit, Numbers, and Excel.
Fixed in 2.5.15
- Properly remembers the way you’ve set up the columns in the Schedule section
- Prevents a crash that could happen when switching documents
- Updated application and document icons for better compatibility with macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Resolves a situation where some Account balances wouldn’t update right after Scheduled Entries were committed
- Corrects an issue where some fonts might condense so much that characters overlap. A lot. Cough. Geneva.
- Improved support for importing reconciled transactions
- A few user interface tweaks and performance enhancements
2.5.15 is likely the final version to support Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. End of an era!
Fixed in 2.5.14
- Corrects printing glitches when the new Deposit and Debit columns are enabled
- Launches properly on pre-Yosemite Macs
New in 2.5.13
- Deposit and Debit columns are now available in the Entry and Reconcile sections. Turn them on in the View menu’s Columns submenu.
Fixed in 2.5.13
- Details that wouldn’t sync between transfer Entries when using Multiple Change in 2.5.12 will now sync as before
- Schedule options that weren’t clickable in 2.5.12 are clickable again
- Won’t hang when resizing the Import Preview window
- Minor QIF import adjustments
- Minor user interface adjustments
Fixed in 2.5.12 Build 2
- Some folks saw a delay of several seconds or more when creating or changing Entries. Looks like a side effect of building apps with more modern macOS SDKs, something we're definitely doing lately. This very minor update makes things nice and fast again :).
Fixed in 2.5.12
- Corrects a potential snafu when you change the details of an existing transfer Entry, where the other end of the transfer could move to a different Account.
Fixed in 2.5.11
- Prevents a situation where Entries might reappear after one end of a transfer is set to no longer be a transfer.
- Resolves a potential issue with Schedules that are set to transfer to an Account that’s been removed.
- Properly handles amounts with commas as decimal separators in OFX or QFX files.
- Prevents some wonkiness when removing the last Account Summary.
- Prevents potential crashes when changing a Smart Folder, changing multiple Entries at the same time, or dismissing the All Accounts options sheet.
- Minor user interface changes.
Get the update
Mac App Store users
Visit the Mac App Store, click the Purchased button at the top of the window, then click the Update or Install button next to CheckBook Pro. If CheckBook Pro doesn't appear in the list, go to the Store menu and be sure you're logged in with the same Apple ID used for your purchase.
Splasm Store users
- Quit CheckBook Pro.
- Click here to download the update.
- If your Mac opens downloads automatically, a window with three icons will appear when the download is complete.
- If the download finishes but a window with three icons doesn't appear, locate the download in the Finder, double-click it, and the window will appear.
- Drag the CheckBook Pro icon to the Applications icon. If you're asked if you'd like to replace a file, click the Replace button.
- Go to the File menu and click the Eject "CheckBook Pro 2.5.15" menu item. If the menu item is disabled, click the white space around the three icons so that nothing is highlighted, then go to the File menu and click the Eject menu item.
After the update
- The first time you launch the application, you may be asked to update or upgrade your document. Agree to the update and your document will be ready to work with the update.
- If you open the application and your data doesn't immediately appear, try going to the File menu, down to the Open Recent submenu, and clicking each document there until your data appears. If this doesn't cure all, don't panic just yet. There are several ways data can appear missing when it's really just hidden or in another document. We can help with that, so get in touch at email@example.com!